2016 Workshop – Beth Nicely, Dance Captain from the Broadway production, SOMETHING ROTTEN, taught the original choreography for It’s A Musical…
… The Studio @ SHUFFLES performing, ‘It’s A Musical” in TAPERELLA. May, 2016, The Kaye Playhouse
Workshops at SHUFFLES are opportunities to work intensively with guest Broadway Professionals -actors, dancers, choreographers and coaches. Recent workshops at SHUFFLES gave students the opportunity to work with:
- Beth Nicely – Broadway Dance Captain from the Broadway production, Something Rotten.
- Mana Allen – Master Teacher, Broadway Veteran, Coach – Audition Technique – A unique opportunity for students to get professional audition training with one of Broadway’s Best!
- David Hibbard – Broadway Veteran, Coach – Acting the Song – Music and lyrics are approached from the actor’s point of view; lyrics are explored as monologues and music is considered an enhancement for dramatic intention. Basic acting elements of time, place and character are applied to the vocal performance.
Additional past workshops:
- Liza Gennaro – Indiana University, Chair – Musical Theater Dept., Broadway Choreographer – taught the original Tony Award – winning choreography from ANNIE. (original choreographer for ANNIE – Liza’s father, Peter Gennaro)
- Sara Brians – Broadway Dance Captain – MATILDA – setting numbers from the show
- Rommy Sandhu – SHUFFLES Dad, Broadway Veteran – teaching STEP IN TIME, original choreography, MARY POPPINS
- ROCKETTE choreography w/ a current Rockette
- Danny Gardiner – Broadway star of DAMES AT SEA – teaching original choreography
SHUFFLES WORKSHOPS are open to all (not limited to SHUFFLES students).
*Spring 2018 workshops TBD-Jan, Feb, March.