The Studio @ SHUFFLES performing, ‘It’s A Musical” in TAPERELLA. May, 2016, The Kaye Playhouse
2016 Workshop – Beth Nicely, Dance Captain from the Broadway production, SOMETHING ROTTEN, taught the original choreography for It’s A Musical
Workshops at SHUFFLES are opportunities to work intensively with guest Broadway Professionals -actors, dancers, choreographers and coaches.
Sunday, September 9
2:00 – 5:00 PM
David Beach – Broadway, TV, and Film Actor – Audition/Song Preparation Workshop – Auditions should be fun! David helps you enjoy the process because it’s all about being relaxed and showing your best self in an audition.
Please contact Sydney at email@example.com to sign up.
- Beth Nicely – Broadway Dance Captain from the Broadway production, Something Rotten.
- Mana Allen – Master Teacher, Broadway Veteran, Coach – Audition Technique – A unique opportunity for students to get professional audition training with one of Broadway’s Best!
- David Hibbard – Broadway Veteran, Coach – Acting the Song – Music and lyrics are approached from the actor’s point of view; lyrics are explored as monologues and music is considered an enhancement for dramatic intention. Basic acting elements of time, place and character are applied to the vocal performance.
- Liza Gennaro – Indiana University, Chair – Musical Theater Dept., Broadway Choreographer – taught the original Tony Award – winning choreography from ANNIE. (original choreographer for ANNIE – Liza’s father, Peter Gennaro)
- Sara Brians – Broadway Dance Captain – MATILDA – setting numbers from the show
- Rommy Sandhu – SHUFFLES Dad, Broadway Veteran – teaching STEP IN TIME, original choreography, MARY POPPINS
- ROCKETTE choreography w/ a current Rockette
- Danny Gardiner – Broadway star of DAMES AT SEA – teaching original choreography
SHUFFLES WORKSHOPS are open to all (not limited to SHUFFLES students).